Friday, September 2, 2011

Goodbye July, August & Summer

My Life - July & August 2011

Summer at our house involved as much boating as possible and the months go by so fast...too fast!  So here is my list of 'happenings' for what began as a dud summer (weather wise) and ended up being no to shabby.

  1. Live-In #2 figured out surfing and got up for the first time.  He yelled 'YEAH' so loud I think my right ear drum broke!.
  2. Live-In #3 started tubing, not just tubing - but crazy tubing...fast tubing...the kind of tubing where you end up making several summersaults on top of the water before you finally fall in.  He yelled 'THAT WAS AWESOME' so loud I think my left ear drum broke!
  3. Live-In #1 proved to herself that last years surfing expedition was not a fluke...that girl can surf!  
  4. I/We camped at our favorite campsite for not 7 but 8 nights and 9 days.  Yes, tent camping.  I survived.  I loved it.  I was ready to come home.  I kissed my bed upon my return.
  5. Lover has finally accepted my obsession with Fried Chicken while boating.
  6. Live-In #2 started football practice.  10 hrs a week...did I mention it's tackle football???  I hope nobody smashes my boy.
  7. Live-In #3 started football practice.  1 hr a week...this is flag football.  He is such a sensible boy.
  8. I took Live-In #1 school clothes shopping. We still love each other.  The end.
  9. Declared one Saturday afternoon to be a 'girls day' on the boat.  No boys allowed!  Confirmation: 1 boat, 1 surf board & 8 girls = some very good times!
  10. I went on a scavenger hunt...I felt like I was 13 years old all over again, except afterwards I got to drink something more fun than chocolate milk!
Such is a couple summer months in the course of my lifetime.  I wouldn't trade a day.  Happy to be the Lover of my Lover and the Mother of my Live-Ins.

1 comment:

  1. In regards to #8 - I hear ya - gives me compassion for what my own mother went through with me!
    In regards to #9 - sniff, sniff - I want to go next time!!:)

    ReplyDelete