Friday, March 25, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini

My friend Erin and I have a created a tradition of a 'Wine Birthday Lunch' or a 'Martini Birthday Lunch'.  This year on her birthday she came over and I made Teriyaki Chicken & Pineapple Panini's.  Yes, they were yum-o-licous!

I didn't think one of my chocolate martini's sounded all that great with the panini so I set out trying to come up with 'lighter' martini recipe.  To tie in with the flavors of the panini...I came up with a Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini - I thought I was a genious!


Then, I discovered other people have thought of it too, in fact you can find variations as a 'shot' rather than a martini - but I like the martini better...AND I still think I am a genious!

Bring to the Party
Vanilla Vodka, Pineapple Juice & Grenadine


To a ice filled shaker - add equal parts Vodka & Pineapple Juice and
Shake, Shake, Shake


Pour into Martini Glass


Angle a spoon towards the edge of the drink, pour just a little Grenadine over the spoon and watch it sink to the bottom of the glass.


Pretty!

Enjoy on a Monday afternoon!
Or a Thursday Evening...
Or a Saturday Morning...


Pineapple Upside Down Cake Martini

2 shots Vanilla Vodka
2 shots Pineapple Juice
Splash of Grenadine

(Makes 1 Tasty Martini)

No comments:

Post a Comment