Friday, March 18, 2011

Raspberry Truffle Martini

I like to go to restaurants and take a look at the martini's on their menu and salivate..  Periodically I will find one that catches my eye and I come home and recreate it in my own playground. 

This weeks martini is exactly one of those martini's.  I don't remember what restaurant I was at or if I even ordered one, but I can tell you the results of my labor are devine.  I am not boasting or exagerating...just ask the people who I have made this for...they have the most difficult job of suffering through my concoctions and let me tell you they are happier for it! 

Bring to the Party...
Vanilla Vodka, Creme de Cocoa, Chambord
Half & Half & Whipping Cream

Pour all the ingredients into a martini shaker
 

 And Shake - Shake Like You Mean It. 

Now...I understand there are some of you out there who think I may be making a big deal about the shaking part...but I assure you I am NOT. This is a serious job.  Do you see the ice on this shaker???  This is what you want...you want to shake it until it hurts to hold onto the shaker because it is so cold. 

 Pour

If you shook it like you meant it, you will see the shards of ice in your drink...this is a good thing - it keeps your martini ICE cold baby!

Serve and Enjoy!

Raspberry Truffle Martini
2 shots (oz) Vanilla Vodka
1 shot (oz) dark Creme de Cocoa
1 shot (oz) Chambord
Splash 1/2 & 1/2
Splash Whipping Cream

Yields: 1 Martini (yes that is one!!!)

2 comments: