Monday, March 21, 2011

French Toast Bagels

I love sweet breakfast!  Cinnamon Rolls, Crepes, Pie (yes pie!) and French Toast.  So yesterday morning while I was out challenging my body on my weekend run...my mind wandered to what I kind of breakfast I was going to reward myself with. 

I came up with French Toast Bagels.  It is inspired I tell you...  Using bagels instead of bread makes for a chewy bite of delicious rapture. 

Here's how you make them...I hope you enjoy!

For the batter you will need Eggs, 1/2 & 1/2 and Cinnamon


You will also need a Cinnamon Bagel. 
I used a Brown Sugar Cinnamon Mini Bagel.  You could also use a bagel with raisins (that would be devine), but my live-ins don't like raisins (picky little eaters...don't know what they are missing!)


Beat the eggs with a fork


Stir in the 1/2 & 1/2
(sorry about this pic, not sure why it rotated on me...it is not saved this way)

Stir in the Cinnamon
(use as much as you like, I probably have a couple teaspoons in here)
(Again, sorry about th picture!)

After cutting your bagels in half, dip bagels into the mixture,
swishing them around to make sure they are well coated.


Place on griddle, cut side down - I had my griddle set to 375 degrees

After a few minutes, flip and press down with a spatula.
This will ensure an even crust on the bottom.

Serve with a little butter and maple syrup. YUM!!

And then look at the Happy Faces you will have!



No comments:

Post a Comment