1. Pole Hanging Contest - I feel you must have some pictures to go with this...
Live-In #3 beat everyone with over 8 minutes!
2. Horses - right next door to our vacation rental were horses. The girls had so much fun feeding them, petting them and driving them out of their minds! There was even a baby w/ is's mama!
3. Rainbow Trout - the boys went fishing and caught fish...Mama Don't Do Trout so we are giving them to grandparents who for some reason like to eat the God awful fish!
Lover & Live-In #3 caught the only fish on the 1st day
4. Snow - yes it's true. Not only through the mountain pass, but we watched it accumulate outside our vacation house! On May 28th & 29th we
The Mountain Pass
Right outside our door
5. Sunshine - at least that is what I think it was...it reminded us that spring was if fact somewhere out there...
6. A Double Bed - I have two things to say about this...1st - Thank God I don't sleep on one of these anymore! 2nd - I LOVE MY OWN BED!!!
7. Martinis - a weekend getaway wouldn't be complete without a martini in hand! We enjoyed Strawberry Lemonade Martinis and experimented with a Coconut Cream Pie Martini - recipe to follow at a later date!
8. Strawberry Shortcake - yes my friend made homemade strawberry shortcake and I pronounced 'It Was Good'.
9. Turquoise Purse - this also requires a picture...
Not my only bargain for the weekend, but probably the most fun!
10. Odd Shaped Eyebrows - I wish I had a picture for you - but apparently some of the young people of Central Oregon have a fascination with freaky eyebrows. One woman had completely waxed her eyebrows off and then drew on new eyebrows at least 1-2" above her brow line - oh did I mention it had to have been with a jumbo crayon?? Then one man had waxed his eyebrows into triangles that abruptly went out into a thin line... Made for some interesting conversation and laughs!
So our weekend didn't include any dolphins, sandy beaches, slushys, bikinis or fruit bats (the last one is compliments of live-in #2), but we had fun with friends and will be talking about this Memorial Day for years to come!