Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Alexander Valley Vineyards Cabernet

I have to admit...I am extremely intimidated when it comes to blogging about wine and or wineries that I highly recommend.  Not only is taste subjective , but I worry about wording things in a way that will do the wine and/or winery justice.

So with this pressure in mind...I am going to bite the bullet and tackle my FAVORITE Cabernet.

Alexander Valley Vineyards Cabernet

From Their Website:
The 2008 shows an enticing nose of black cherry and cassis and hints of eucalyptus and cocoa.  In the glass the wine delivers much more than what one might expect for a Cab so modestly priced, revealing rich flavors of cherry, chocolate and plum enveloped by soft tannins.

Carol's Thoughts
This Cab is divine. Period. This perfect elixir makes me happy and content.  This wine will stand up to any meal, but watch out...it will become the star of the show.  Yeah, its that good.  This Cab has a backbone, it will not be ignored!  Kind of like me!  

The 2008 vintage has only been out a short time and I got a little worried about whether it would stand up to 2007 and 2006...I didn't want to have to find a new Favorite.  But it has not disappointed me.  Yum, Yummy, Yumminess!

An added bonus is that this wine, while it will stand up to more expensive wines (and win) is priced moderately at $13.59 (Costco) or $16.99 (local grocery store).  Please do yourself a favor...buy this wine...drink this wine...and enjoy the rapture it brings - BUT make sure you leave some for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment