Thursday, April 21, 2011

Best Beef Marinade Ever!

This recipe is from my Mom - we had beef marinaded like this all through my younger years.  Mom used it to tenderize tougher meats then she would slice the meat really thin and let me tell you the flavor was so good. 

This marinade does such a great job at both tenderizing meat as well as making it super flavorful, I would also consider it suitable for 'company coming over for dinner'. 

When I eat meat which has been marinaded in this it brings back memories of:
A.  Summer
B.  BBQ
C.  Warm lazy evenings
D.  Children playing outside past their bedtime
E.  All of the Above

If you answered 'E' you may need to go buy a lottery ticket!!!

Here's the Recipe...



To a Gallon Size Bag Add Equal Parts (I usually start with 3-4 Tablespoons)
A-1, Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Red or White Wine (or if you are like me sometimes I use both), Oil (I use EVOO, but you could use Vegetable if you want), &Red Wine Vinegar

To this add a Rosemary, if you are using fresh add a few sprigs, if you are using dried add about a Tablespoon.

3-4 Cloves Minced Garlic (you could go more or less on this depending on your tastes...I like MORE)


Add desired beef to the bag, seal bag and place in a glass dish (this is so you don't get beef juices all over your refrigerator....Mama don't like to clean the refrigerator) 

I used Flank Steak here.  My Mom used to use a 7-bone Roast or a Chuck Roast.  Marinate at least several hours, preferably overnight.  If you are using a roast you definitely want to let this marinate for at LEAST 24 hours for the ingredients to do their thing... 

I have even marinated the meat, put it in the freezer and then pulled it out to put it in our camping cooler (frozen) letting it thaw out over a few days...it was like gourmet camping!



Cook beef as desired, let rest, slice thinly, against the grain and serve!

Yum-O-licious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment