Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fine Print

If Lover and I had wanted a prenup I am sure the fine print of the part I was supposed to have signed would have said - must be able to do laundry...keeping whites white, clothes stain free and in their original size.

His prenup fine print, however, would have read - must accept the laundry you get as 'you get what you get and you don't throw a fit'.

Fortunately for me there was no prenup.  Unfortunately for Lover...he has had to deal with - bleached clothing (even though I don't use bleach, don't ask me how I do this...I have no idea), forever stained clothing, ink stained shirts and shrunken shirts (some of them would probably now fit our live-ins).

I do try to get it right.  I don't mind laundry (except the folding and putting away...that is a drag).  But the washer/dryer and I don't really have a loving relationship to date.

Fast forward to present...I have light colored baseball pants for the first time in my live-ins baseball careers.  Don't ask me how they do it, but they seem to find a way to get grass stains on their pants even if they aren't playing in the grass.  They manage to get dirt embedded into every fiber of their pants...then they hand them to me to 'clean up' as only I can.

Help!  I need a laundry school...

No comments:

Post a Comment