Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Will Stand By You

When I was a little girl I loved the 'Footprints' poem.  If you don't know it, you can google it and easily find it.  This poem gave comfort to my heart, it assured me that when I don't feel 'in control' of my life and don't think I can take it another day - I am not alone and I don't have to do it alone.  This gave me and still gives me great comfort.

Recently, my family was rocked by the news that one of our loved ones has been affected by cancer.  We went through a very dark time, however things are beginning to look up.  During this time there was a song that became very close to my heart. Every time I heard this song it spoke to me so I dedicated it to my sister-in-law to let her know she was not fighting it alone, I would fight her fight, I would not give up, I would fight to be strong enough for the both of us, I would give her my strength.  

Then one day, I realized this song played for me each time I traveled to or from her home.  This song was also a gift for me.  A gift from God letting me know he was carrying me and helping me to be strong for the ones I love.


I am sharing this today because I know there are so many other people out there fighting their own fights.  I pray this song will give you peace and comfort.  We are not alone.  

I love you Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment