Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Souverain Cabernet Sauvignon

I've been told today is 'National Wine Day'...I like it!  In honor of this momentous occasion, I have a new wine to share.  Well, it's not new to me, but may be new to you...

2008 Souverain Cabernet Sauvignon

From the Bottle:
North Coast crafted Cabernet Sauvignon which shows flavors of blackberry and chocolate along with smooth tannins.

Carol's Thoughts:
This was a tasty wine.  The body was nice, it wasn't fruity.  I thought I detected a coffee flavor and slightly peppery finish which was smooth.  

I bought this wine because Lover had declared it may just be his favorite.  However, when I was at the store I was confused because I had thought the wine was from the Alexander Valley (I am partial to wines from California's Alexander Valley), but the label did not indicate it was from that region.  Then, when I went to the website I noticed most of their labels show Alexander Valley.  So...I am not sure this is the same wine I thought it was...I will have to get back to you on that.

I bought this bottle at my local grocery store for $14.99, however I have purchased it from Costco for $11.99. 

Look for it, Drink it, Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment