Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies

I have been craving cookies like you wouldn't believe.  A few days ago it was a toss up between Gingersnaps and Snickerdoodles...it took me so long to decide I ended up winning out over my sweet tooth.

But tonight...tonight was a different story...tonight my sweet tooth would not be denied and it had its heart set on peanut butter and chocolate.  The problem was my baking ethic...first of all I am not a huge fan of baking and second of all it was past 8 p.m. and I just wanted to curl up on the couch, watch TV and drink a glass of wine (my fav bottle was already open and calling my name!) - BUT my sweet tooth was insistent.

So I got my recipe box out and began looking for my peanut butter cookie recipe...when I stumbled upon a recipe that I haven't used in quite awhile...Cake Mix Cookies.  The idea of these cookies is to take a boxed cake mix, add a few ingredients and make pretty much whatever kind of cookies your sweet tooth desires (or in my case...demands). Which got me to thinking...

I had chocolate cake mix - I wonder if my sweet tooth would be appeased if I added peanut butter to the batter...lets see what happens...

In a mixer add:
1 box cake mix, 2 tbsp water & 1/2 c. oil

Add 2 eggs

Add a dollop of peanut butter - this was probably about 1/3 cup

Add 1/2 c. white chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

Serve, Eat, Enjoy!

YEP!  These hit the spot.  They were soft, gooey, chocolate, peanut butter rounds of pure sinful deliciousness.  Sweet Tooth satisfied...now where is that wine...

Cake Mix Cookies
1 box Cake Mix
2 tbsp Water
1/2 cup Oil
2 Eggs
Optional:  add nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc...

Mix together, drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment