Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ghost Pines - Cabernet Sauvignon

It is my intention to talk about a different wine each week - red and white (hopefully - but you will probably see more red since that is where my heart really sings songs of joy).  We will see how this goes - this may be another hairbrained idea, but I never said I wasn't hairbrained...

This week I have chosen a 2008 Ghost Pines Cabernet Sauvignon- this just might be one of my new favorite Cabs, but I refuse to commit to that statement yet. 

My Lover and I were introduced to this wine not long ago at a restaurant - and for the life of me I cannot remember where we were and it is driving me crazy!!!  I keep thinking I will wake up in the middle of the night screaming out the name of the restaurant, but it hasn't happened yet.  However, while the restaurant may not have stuck in my mind this delicious wine did.

First the label caught my eye.  I really like the ghostly looking trees - however they look like they could be maple trees rather than pine....hmm, I hadn't thought of that before...




Anyways...the grapes in this wine are 68% Napa County and 32% Sonoma County.  The description from the bottle (I love these, and feel quite jipped when they don't have one) is:

Layers of balckberry and dark cherry complement rich roasted vanilla, Asian spice and a nutty smoke character all surrounded by firm integrated tannins.


My description would be:
A mouthful of rich, full bodied, stands on it own two feet, velvety elixer of happiness in a glass.

I found it recently at a Costco for $15.99, however in my local grocery store it is $19.99.  Definately worth every penny when you are looking for a nice bottle of red wine.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo excited about your wine reviews!!! Also - when are we going to go tasting?:)

    ReplyDelete