Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh My Polenta!

I recently had dinner at a local restaurant named Bentley's ("The Bentley" as it reads on my receipt).  On this day I discovered a delicious plate of fluffy goodness - which they called Gorgonzola Polenta.  Let me just say it was heaven on a plate.  Let me repeat...Heaven On A Plate!!!   

Over the past two months I have dreamed of and longed for the return of Gorgonzola Polenta in my life  So last night I decided to try making it at home...  I researched how to cook it and finally threw caution to the wind and decided to make my own version.

4 parts Water to 1 part Polenta
Bring water to a boil, salt the water, add polenta whisking constantly.  Discard whisk, replace with wooden spoon and stir constantly 20-30 minutes by one website, 35-45 minutes by another.
*Disclaimer: This dish requires strong muscles and long suffering patience.


To this I added, salt, way to much butter, even more whipping cream and gorgonzola cheese.  Serve.



At the end of the evening I came to this conclusion - Polenta...this labor of love...while not terrible at my house, is better consumed at Bentley's.

No comments:

Post a Comment