Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Only One Question...

Now that my 'Cast of Characters' has been introduced, I have but one question...Red or White?

I was watching one of my shows last night and this was one of the lines, a line which I might add that I said before Sally Field did...I was so excited and proud of myself.  But I got to thinking, it is the perfect question - all other questions fail in comparison to this question.

Personally, I am a Red fan.  It has not always been this way.  Excuse me while I take you back along the road to my love of wine...

My Lover introduced me to White Zinfendel (whew...did I think he was 'all that and then some')- it was okay for a newbie wine drinker (definately better than wine coolers), then we moved on to Reisling and camped out in it's sweetness for quite awhile.  I am slightly ashamed to say our wedding guests were given a limited choice of wine - sweet, sweeter or sweetest...

Eventually, I moved on to Pinot Noir & Pinot Gris...with an emphasis on the Noir.  Living in Oregon, Pinot Noir is readily available and I enjoyed its fruits - BUT, then I found Cabernet Sauvignon (Cab, if you will...Gods gift to mankind if you won't).  To me it is bold, strong, beautiful, luxurious and delicious! 

My most recent find is called Franciscan
This is a Vintage 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley, CA. 
Description from Bottle: Rich and mouth-filling, beautifully balanced wine, reveals complex coffee, cassis and chocolate notes that lead to a lingering finish.

My Description: Delicious, Luscious, Yumminess 

Disclaimer: I am not a wine critic, I only call it like I see...I mean taste it. 

Note to Self:  Ask Lover not to throw away the wine bottles until I have had a chance to decide their blogability - this way I won't have to fish them out last nights garbage...

1 comment: