Friday, February 25, 2011

It's a Dirty Job, but I'll Keep Making Them!

When I am not drinking wine you might see me enjoying coffee - Strong Coffee...no cream, no sugar, just straight out of the decanter strong coffee.  My Lover thinks the coffee I make is too strong and has asked me why I don't just take the coffee grounds and stick them in my lip.  To which I answer...I prefer to drink it thank you very much!

So I start my day with coffee...However I am one of those unfortunate souls who cannot drink coffee past a certain hour or I will be up till all hours.  So.....I conveniently came up with a satifactory alternative -

A Coffee Martini!

There are so many variations one could play with to make this delectable drink.  All I can say is 'It's a Dirty Job, but I'll Keep Making Them' to share with you!

To the party, bring the following ingredients:
Godiva Vodka, Creme de Cocao, Starbucks Coffee Liqueor,
Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2, a Shaker

Oh, and dont' forget the ice!
Lots of Ice!

Prep the glasses
With a damp paper towel, moisten the rim of the glass
then run the rim through the chocolate.

I only rimmed my glass with Chocolate Martini Rimmer (I didn't rim My Lovers glass because he doesn't like the foo-foo stuff)


For Two Martini's

3 shots Godiva Vodka
1 1/2 shots Starbucks Coffee Liqueor
1 1/4 shots Creme de Cocao
Splash Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2

Shake, shake, and shake some more.  Don't be wimpy about this, Shake it like you mean it!

Pour & Serve


ENJOY!
This was the first time I had used the Godiva Vodka.  This martini is definately sweet, but a perfect dessert or end of the day treasure!


1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I will now put in my request for one of these next girls night:)

    ReplyDelete